PNSW Legal/Regulatory Information
- Executive Order 482 "Creating the National Single Window Task Force for Cargo Clearance", dated 27th December 2005 created the Philippine National Single Window Task Force consisting of a Steering Committee and a Technical Working Group.
- Philippine Electronic Commerce Act (ECA) signed in 2000 authorizes electronic transactions, recognizes the validity of electronic documents, and provides procedures for admission of electronic evidence in evidentiary hearings.
- Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) covering the collection of personal information by both the government and private sectors. This law also establishes a National Privacy Commission (NPC) to administer the law and monitor compliance.
- Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on the implementation of the Philippine National Single Window signed on February 10, 2012 recognizing the need to establish rules and regulations on access and sharing of information within the PNSW.
- Philippine law recognizes electronic signatures with reference to the functional equivalent approach. This is premised in the recognition upon restrictive requirements such as proof of integrity and reliability of the transaction system.
- Currently there are no Rules on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for NSW transactions. Disputes arising under the Agreement to Establish and Implement the ASW Agreement, the ASEAN Protocol on Enhanced Dispute Settlement Mechanism shall apply.
- The "Government Information Systems Plan ("GISP") form the legal framework for data retention and archiving.
- The Philippine Constitution mandates the protection of intellectual property which is being implemented by the Intellectual Property Code.