Malaysia General Information
MyTRADELINK LATEST NEWS UPDATES
- Manual application of Certificate of Origin (CO) has been phased out from 1 January 2013. All application of CO must be applied online via ePCO.
- Online CO application of Malaysia – Australia Free Trade Agreement (MAFTA) was available from 7 January 2013.As for Malaysia – Chile Free Trade Agreement (MCFTA) and Malaysia – India Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (MICECA) were available from 9 March 2013.
- Implementation of ePermit has seen a new entry in 2013 with Ozone Protection Section of Department of Environmentbeing the latest Permit Issuance Agencies to offer Online permit application. All permits related to hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) havebeen issued by the agency effective 15 March 2013.
- 3 new ports have successfully implemented eManifest service from 15 March 2013. The ports are TanjungBeruas in Malacca, TanjungLembung in Langkawi Kedah and Kemaman Supply Base in Terengganu. The next phase of eManifestimplementation will include ports located in Sabah and Sarawak and the roll-out is expected to complete by June 2013.
- Awareness on ePaymentwas held on 20 February 2013 to Penang community. The session was conducted in collaboration with Royal Malaysian Customs Department - RMCD (HQ and local office) and supported by 3 major banks. A total of 155 companies which mostly are Forwarding Agents have attended the session.
HISTORY AND EVOLUTION
- 2007 Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) as lead agency for NSW implementation
- 2008 Ministry of Finance (MOF) as lead agency for NSW implementation. Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) as lead agency for ASW implementation
NSW awareness program between government agencies, service provider and end-users held every quarter to update on latest development of new initiatives as well as encourage new users to participate in NSW program.
ePCO engagement session was conducted in collaboration with Federation of Malaysian Manufactures (FMM) in Kuala Lumpur and Penang offices respectively in February and March 2013. The session will be extended to other FMM branches nationwide as well as to other leading trade associations from Q2 2013.
Meanwhile, eManifest engagement session was held with the community at the respective ports that will implement eManifestthis year i.eLumut Port in Perak, Kota Kinabalu Port,SepanggarPort, Sandakan Port, Tawau Port and LahadDatu Port in Sabah as well as Labuan Port in Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan. The session will be extended to other ports in Sarawak in April 2013.
Click here for the National Single Window (NSW) Initiatives in Malaysia Document.
Updates on the implementation of National Single Window (NSW)
Malaysia NSW has been in operation since 2009 through the myTradeLink web portal. There are currently six core services under Malaysia’s NSW namely eManifest, ePCO, ePermitSTA, eDeclare, ePermit and ePayment. To date, the six core services have been fully accessible within the country reaching out to 23 ports, 166 Customs stations, 26 permit issuance authorities, 4 permit agencies and 8 local banks.
On 1 November 2016, Malaysia entered into live data exchange in the ASW under controlled environment involving companies that have agreed to join the initiative. Starting 17 November 2016, Malaysia's live data exchange in the ASW was made available to all companies applying ATIGA Form D and e-ATIGA data has been transmitted to other exchange-ready Member States. For a better participation in the ASW live implementation, Malaysia will continue promoting the live exchange of e-ATIGA to her domestic traders. Continuous improvement and monitoring will be enhanced in the ASW Live data exchange.